Even the majority of the population using credit cards, few know what is the best day of purchase and how the calculation works to find out when the purchase will fall on the bill after the month purchased. The best day of purchase can be a great ally for making better financial schedules. Otherwise, the consumer can make a purchase on the assumption that the bill will not come until the next month and receive a bomb on the current invoice.
The best day of purchase can bring the benefit of the credit card customer having up to 40 days to pay for the purchased product or service. This makes it easier to know the amount that will be paid at invoice closing.
What is the best day of purchase?
To calculate the best purchase day you need to be aware of the invoice due date. That is, this period corresponds to the day of the credit loan made by the banking institution and the period in which the invoice is to be paid.
- Know the invoice close date: The invoice close date is the period in which the bank closes the calculation for purchases made in the period of use before the due date;
- Know the invoice due date: The invoice due date is the date set by the bank so that the bill is paid without interest and penalties. This is the ideal time to leave accounts in days without the risk of being charged for charges;
- You have up to 40 days to pay: Using the calculation of the best purchase date, you can have more than one month to pay for the purchase made the previous month.
It is worth noting that the 31-day months of not having the last day as a business day. So, you have to commit before making a purchase in a month of 31 days so as not to get financially complicated.
How to calculate the best date to buy?
One way to calculate the best purchase date is by the invoice due date.
- Invoice closing usually happens 10 days before the due date;
- Decreasing 9 days from this date, it is possible to reach the best day to use credit card.
Another important factor for credit card utilization is to understand that this form of shopping is not an extension of money. Care must be taken to use credit card services consciously and intelligently. Also, in some cases it is recommended to pay the service or product in cash. This way you can negotiate the value with better conditions and get a discount.
Always be careful not to compromise the budget with the use of credit card is indispensable. Even with the best day of purchase, it is crucial to remember that the bill card will still have to be paid at some point. To find the best purchase day you need to be aware of the closing deadlines and invoice due dates. As much as there is an estimate, the stipulated period may vary from card to card. If you have questions, it is advisable to contact the bank. Also check out our Spreadsheet: Monthly Financial Planner and use it to improve your financial organization!